This past week has been hard both mentally and physically. I planned to start a proper fitness schedule. However, I took part in a Stage Combat Course this week which has basically been n all day workout and I haven’t had the energy to workout separately.
But I think my mental block has been due to not setting goals. I have recently read Strong by Zanna Van Dijk.
It really opened my eyes to setting goals and how that can help progression. Also the importance of setting realistic goals. I think my main issue was setting goals that were way too unrealistic and very non-specific. I mean was I honestly going to be able to run a marathon this year!!!
My goals for the next year are;
- To get onto a three-year course at a Drama School
- Become fully Vegan
- Feel happier in myself
- Not get angry as easily
- Still be with my amazing boyfriend
- Work out 3-4 times a week
- Do Yoga at least once a week
- One workout must be a run (start with intervals and progress)
- Inspired by Zanna – start lifting weights
I really hope setting some clear goals and to put them out there making myself more liable – giving myself more of a reason to get them done!
I will definitely keep you updated on how I am doing.
Comment any of your goals down below 🙂