Friday is curry night!
Every Friday night as a family we would have a curry. My dad loves spice so he always encouraged us to broaden our curry options from the sweet korma to the more spicy options.
Here is a super easy recipe (so easy it’s not even a recipe) it’s pretty much a bung it all in job.
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (grated or finely chopped)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 2 White Potatoes (roughly chop them, makes them cook quicker)
- A Handful of Mushrooms (however you want, big chunks or diced)
- 1 Large Courgette
- Coconut milk
- Veggie Stock Cube (optional)
- Garam Masala
- Ground Ginger
- Curry Paste
- Put the onion and garlic in the pan with oil of your choice
- Stir in the curry paste until it fills your kitchen with amazing smells
- Add the coconut milk and stir, let it reach boiling point and then reduce heat
- Add the chopped carrots, potatoes and courgette – leave to simmer for 2-3 mins
- (If you feel it needs more liquid to add about 150-200ml of stock)Add the mushrooms and drained chickpeas – leave to simmer until vegetables are soft
- Add spices to taste
- Serve with rice, and add coriander
This creates enough for at least 3-4 portions depending on how hungry you are 😉
Super easy recipe for everyone to enjoy, make it as spicy and flavoursome as you wish. Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge, it almost tastes better than the night before.