Who doesn’t love Chinese Fried Rice?
I love Chinese food, but we can’t all afford to get takeaways all the time, and our waistlines might not appreciate it either. So I created this super easy fried rice dish being inspired by other dishes I’d seen on Instagram.
TIP – Buy frozen vegetables like peas and sweetcorn, they’re cheaper, last way longer and taste exactly the same
- Coconut oil/cooking oil
- Brown Rice
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic Glove (grated)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Courgette (half moons)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 5 Mushrooms (diced)
- Frozen Sweetcorn
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen French Beans
- Soy sauce/Tamari
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli Flakes
- Optional use of nut butter
I love to serve this with smashed avocado and sesame seeds and roasted cherry tomatoes.
This is such a super easy method and can be so quick, perfect for batch cooking for lunches too.
- Put rice on to cook
- Fry off the garlic and onions and pepper in the oil of your choice
- Add the courgette and mushrooms
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook until completed defrosted
- Add the spices and soy sauce
- Then add the grated carrot (I leave this until last so it retains its vibrant colour
- When the rice is done add it to the vegetables and stir in, taste and add flavour where needed
- Plate up with Smashed avocado and sprinkle sesame seeds and roasted tomatoes on the top
So tasty and so fast to make. I love this and it has been a constant favourite of mine this year and my sister loved it too!