Anyone who has read my blog for a while will know I have a mac and cheese recipe already but this one is my new go too. It is a great way to sneak vegetables into fussy eaters if that’s children or fussy boyfriends.
This makes enough sauce to cover 4 portions of pasta
What you will need;
- Food Processor
- Pasta (normally macaroni but any pasta you have)
- Roughly 360 grams of potato
2 sweet potatoes
2 white potatoes
- Roughly 140 grams of carrot
- 85ml of oil (I either use olive oil or rapeseed whatever you have)
- 125ml of milk (I use oat but any alternative is fine) (add more depending on consistency wanted)
- 8 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- Lemon juice to taste I add about half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- A squirt of tomato paste
- A squirt of English mustard
- Salt and pepper
How to make it;
- Cook the pasta.
- Chop and peel the potatoes and carrots, boil them until soft and leave to the side to cool
- Once cool enough to put safely in a blender/food processor add the veg into the blender.
- Add all other ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and alter depending on the seasoning
- Add to cooked pasta.
Can be eaten just like that or add pasta and sauce into an ovenproof dish, add breadcrumbs, some cheese or nutritional yeast and cook in the oven until browned and melted on the top.
This will last in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
If you are reheating for lunch add a little water or milk before reheating to make the sauce thinner.
I hope you enjoy this healthier alternative to a cheese filled dinner. Let me know if you make it and tag me on Instagram in your creations @whatkatyydidnext